The Woof Pak

The Woof Pak
Our Doggie Debut

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Dog's Ten Commandments| Dog Love



"Good day to all you wonderful humans, and any of my little furry dog buddies out there who can read.

Since I am the wise old man of my pak, I thought it was my duty (I could have said, responsibility, but Mom didn't think I could spell it) to share some thoughts with you on how we dogs like to be treated.

I promise to get back to more fun stuff, but hey once in awhile a dogs got to say what a dogs got to say. Know what I mean? It's the yin and yang of life. Some days are filled with cookies, long walks and sunshine, other days are waiting by the window for hours for Mom and Dad to come home.

By the way, I didn't write these commandments (although I could have.) Mom received them on her cyber thingy and read them to me.

Please read on (polite too, aren't I?)

Oodles of licks to you and have a woof of a day"!


A Dog's Ten Commandments:

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being,

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it. But, I will forgive you.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food? Maybe, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old and weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old. I promise not to leave your side when you do.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

Enjoy and love your pets. They are a gift from God, please treat them as such!

No comments:

Post a Comment