The Woof Pak

The Woof Pak
Our Doggie Debut

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Doggie Facts

I love reading about dogs! I came across some interesting info today on our four legged friends and wanted to share it!

Did you know that dogs and humans have been together for about 15,000 years? "They've had a lot longer to train us than I thought!" 


Cooper did a great job of training us!



If you have cancer, are diabetic or have epilepsy, your dog might be the first to know. Studies have shown that dogs can be trained to sniff out cancer of the lungs, breast, skin, bladder and prostrate. "I wondered if they are referred to as Dr. Fluffy, instead of just Fluffy"?


Max thought he should be referred to as DOCTOR MAX.


Dogs have the intellect of a two year old according to research presented in 2009. Border Collies are the smartest followed by Poodles, (yeah Shuga Bear!,) German Shepard's, Golden Retrievers, and Dobermans. They can learn as many as 250 words. "I'm not sure I know that many words!"
No one is as cute as you, Mac!


















A dog wags his tail in three very different moods, and only one is happy. When it's high and stiff, the dog is agitated and ready to protect his turf. A low tail wagged quickly shows a scared and submissive dog. A happy dog (this is the one we like) wags his tail in it natural, mid-level position and his ears, mouth, and body look relaxed. "Now I know why people have gotten bitten thinking as long as the tail is wagging they must be friendly. We know now that isn't true."


Mmmm, both those tails are suspicious looking to me!


Canine researchers says dogs see blue, violet, and magenta, and more shades of gray than humans. They also see better in low light and can pick up the slightest movements. They probably don't see red, orange, yellow, or green, based on examination of the color sensitive cone cells in their retinas. "So, when I say, Shuga Bear go get your RED baby, (and she does), is she thinking I'll go get the medium light grey baby for Mom?"


I guess those are grey bows in Shuga's hair?


This is my favorite, since I'm a romantic!!

Can two dogs develop a loving relationship? Or do they just hook up with anyone at the dog park? "Is that like looking for love in all the wrong places dogie style?" Anthropologist Elizabeth Marshall Thomas says dogs can fall in love and she documents a remarkable story between "Sunday" and "Bean" in her book, "The Social Lives of Dogs." "Gotta get that book!"


Looks like love to me!















Don't you love 'em even more now??????

No comments:

Post a Comment